A Hard Day's Night


It feels a little extravagant to pick one's dinner from the garden, just minutes before it is to be consumed.... Yet it is so satisfying to do so!

Miss Molly has repeatedly ravaged the pea plot, but I think I found the way to stave off her attacks, so I managed to harvest some sugar snaps along with baby radishes and squash blossoms from the mystery squash that popped up from the compost.

I'm not yet decided on how to eat this harvest, but I will keep you posted.

Bon app'!

P.S. For those of you trying to fend off your garden from small critters, the solution might just be good old psychology. You see, most prey animals have perfect peripheral vision to see predators coming: if their view is blocked off, even partially, they feel unsafe and avoid eating in obstructed spaces. So I hung a piece of burlap on the fence surrounding my peas. It's been two weeks since Miss Molly's last culling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Comments

Popular Posts