Leap


Leap.

I'm not one for strong sensations. I do not particularly crave adrenaline rushes -though I must admit that a busy lunch or dinner service can be rather exhilarating. As much as I enjoy watching extreme sports, (and I am sure that in the deepest, darkest recesses of my soul there is a free-style snowboarder hiding, ready to burst out onto the half-pipe), I am a big scardy-cat. 

I like the comfort of my home; the company of good friends; quiet evenings with my sweetheart and the cats... 

But today, I took a big leap into the unknown. My heart is racing right now. The feeling is reminiscent of the last time I jumped off the 10m diving platform at the Olympic pool, twenty-five years ago... I feel like this. But I think that the grey clouds and raindrops in the picture above are a good metaphor for what is going through my mind at this very moment. 

I've finally quit a dead-end job that had me stewing in my own dissatisfaction for quite some time.

I don't know where I will land, but I feel strangely free, like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There might not be anyone to catch me, but I know I will land on my feet.

Leap.

Everything will fall into place.





Comments

  1. Best of luck. Here's hoping you're able to put your talents to use in a way that benefits you and others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts